In an effort to provide the best service to our patients, Dr. Movassaghi is equipped with the latest technology for in-office urologic procedures.
- Cystoscopy: A cystoscopy is a procedure where a small flexible camera is inserted through the urethra and into the bladder. This allows the doctor to inspect the inner lining of the bladder. There is a multitude of indications for patients to undergo this procedure. If you need a cystoscopy, our staff will go over the procedure with you in detail answering any questions and addressing any concerns before performing the exam.
- Ultrasound: Our office is equipped with the latest in ultrasound technology to help diagnose common urologic issues. We perform same day ultrasound of the bladder, prostate, kidney, and testicles.
- Bladder and Prostate Biopsy: When a biopsy is indicated to further evaluate a suspicious finding, Dr. Movassaghi provides same day appointments for our patients. He has contracts with all major labs to perform disease-specific pathologic testing, and he promises a fast turnaround for results. Dr. Movassaghi takes pride in personally calling his patients with results, allowing ample time for questions and follow-up.
- Penile Injection Therapy: For patients suffering from erectile dysfunction refractory to pills, penile injection therapy is an effective alternative. Dr. Movassaghi utilizes a compounding pharmacy that can deliver the prescriptions to patients if needed. Dr. Movassaghi trains the patients personally on the use of the injections in the office, taking care to ensure all questions and concerns are addressed adequately. The practice also offers low intensity shockwave treatments for erectile dysfunction.
- Urodynamics: A urodynamics test measures the pressure on the bladder and urethra. Dr. Movassaghi’s office is equipped to perform urodynamics tests which can help determine the cause of problems like incontinence and frequent urination.
- Vasectomy: A vasectomy is semi-permanent means of male contraception. The doctor isolates the vas deferens, which is the tube that carries sperm out of the testicle, and makes a small cut to sever the vas. This is done under local anesthesia and is usually performed in the clinic. The State of California requires us to have the consent or permission forms signed by the patient at least 30 days prior to the procedure date. If you are interested in a vasectomy, Dr. Movassaghi offers minimally invasive techniques including scalpel-free vasectomy.